Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Progression

"Bye, bye, bye" as Alex waves his hand in the air. I am officially declaring that Alex's first word is "bye". He does not pronounce it exactly perfect, but it is very close. Also, he knows what it means and he knows he is saying it and repeating after other say it so therefore IT COUNTS haha!
He is trying so hard to imitate sounds, especially lately. We still have not heard many vowel/consonant combinations from him other then "ma ma ma", "ba ba ba" and "ra ra ra" but at least those are present. The best sound in the world is hearing him babble almost like he wants to converse with us.
The other night my husband and I are playing cars with Alex and we are doing the fire truck sound. "weee oouuu weeee oouuu" and although he could not do it perfectly, the intonation was exactly perfect. He had the right timing and it surprised my husband and I so much and when we began to praise Alex he seemed almost proud of himself!
My husband is not often home in the evenings but yesterday he had a day off. While getting Alex ready for bed Mich read to him the story of Pinocchio (in french since that is the language Alex will be speaking first) and Alex pointed at the pages at first and vocalised a bit. He really seemed to enjoy it. I have read to him before and he never even paid 10 seconds of attention but yesterday was different. It was really encouraging to see him interact with his daddy's story.
The teachers in daycare say Alex is even doing some gestures with the songs and follows really well. He seems happy with his ears. He no longer takes them off and chucks them to the ground when he is upset, he has fallen asleep with them on whereas before he would take them off when he was tired.

I'm impatient for the what the future brings but looking at Alex now, he is growing too fast and I keep having to remind myself to cherish these times and to quit thinking ahead. Look how he has grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment