Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

I feel lately I have had nothing to post about until today. I have honestly been just spending time with Alex hoping he will start babbling or do something different with his hearing that will catch my attention. Today, it became clear Alex is developing his opinions on what sounds he likes and dislikes.
As per the video below, Alex really loves when I make the noise of filling up his tractor with pretend gasoline. Smiling to a sound is something that is brand new to him and is really showing me he hears well and can make his own judgments.
Also, he is starting to dislike certain noises. For example, I was using a staple gun to staple material over a frame I had made. Alex immediately tried to flee...too cute! When my mother took him in a different room then me, even though he couldn't see me, he could still hear the staples being pushed vigorously outward and he sat there looking around and began to become really needy with my mom searching comfort.
Other sounds he is not a fan of: the ATV being revved, the air compressor pumping air into the tank and that darn Sock Monkey Jack in the Box music he still hates haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment