Sunday, October 17, 2010

He Misses The Processors When They Are Off!

Since Thursday October 14th, Alex has been wearing his processors ALL THE TIME while he is awake unless he is in the car or bath. He did continue to cry every time they were put on in the morning until today! YAY! Alex seems to be getting used to them very fast. It still startles him when they are initially put on and he becomes a huge suck burying his head under my neck.

I keep anticipating the time when I start talking to him or I make a noise and Alex stops straight in his track and looks up or tries to find what is making that particular noise but I know that will come. I was told that Al's activation date is his hearing birthday. He is considered a newborn baby in terms of hearing. A newborn does not know how to distinguish what or who makes what noises therefore, I have to be patient. At least Alex is wearing them a lot, so the more he wears them the more he will develop his hearing.

Also, when I take off his processors or when they slip off, Alex stop what he is doing and reaches up for his ears and touches the naked ears almost like he misses them. It is awesome how he is rolling with this new sensation and embracing it. How fun!

Thought of the day: Can't believe how much easier CIs are to manage compared to hearing aids on Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment