Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumkin Patch

The other day, Mich and I brought Alex to Howell's Pumpkin Farm. Right out of the car we put Alex's ears on him and let him hear all the new sounds of the day. The funniest was a chicken coop filled with electronic singing and talking hens. Alex looked at them and took off his ears as soon as they began singing! After putting them back on he got used to the noise and looked at them very curiously, looked over at his father and then me and smiled since we seemed to approve of the whole thing! Alex has always been very intuitive and bases his opinions and feeling on his dad's and my reactions.

I think he loved the whole day! I know I did!






Side note, something that is sticking with me lately is a comment made by a passerby who was dinning at the same restaurant as us a few days ago. As this lady was leaving, she stopped to compliment Alex, saying "He is absolutely adorable". As I was thanking her she kept on by saying "No seriously, I have seventeen grandchildren but there's something about him...he is special!" and she walked away smiling at Alex. One day I want Alex to read this, and not to inflate his ego but I want him to know what a cutie charmer he was as a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment